Thank you for visiting our website. Protecting your personal data is very important to us. In the following, we will inform you about the collection and handling of your data: This data protection information applies for the data processing by Solectric GmbH, Ubstadter Str. 28, 76698 Ubstadt-Weiher, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 07251 93693-0. The operational data protection officer can be reached at the above address for the attention of Mr Olaf Kappler at email@example.com.
1. Access data when visiting our website
You can visit our website without giving us any detail about you as a person. If you only use the website for informational purposes, in other words if you do not register on the website or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. When you visit our website, www.solectric.de, your device’s browser automatically sends information to the server on our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called “log file”. The following information is collected without any action on your part and stored until it is automatically deleted after 6 months:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- date and time of access,
- name and URL of the retrieved file,
- website from which access takes place (reference URL),
- browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer and the name of your access provider.
The data specified above are processed by us for the following reasons:
- to ensure the establishment of smooth connection to the website,
- to ensure convenient use of our website,
- to evaluate system security and stability, and
- for administrative purposes.
3. Social Media Plug-ins (Facebook)
We use social media plug-ins from Facebook on our website, based on Art. 6 (1)(1) (f) GDPR, to make the use thereof more customised. We use the “LIKE” or “SHARE” buttons for this. This is offered by Facebook. If you call up a page on our website that contains a plugin like this, your browser establishes a direct connection to the Facebook servers. The content of the plugin is transmitted directly from Facebook to your browser, which integrates it into the website. By integrating the plugins, Facebook is informed that your browser has accessed the corresponding page of our website, even if you do not have a Facebook account or are not currently logged into Facebook. This information (including your IP address) is transmitted directly from your browser to a Facebook server in the USA and stored there.
4. Data collection and use for contract execution
We collect personal data if you voluntarily provide them to us when placing an order, when contacting us (e.g. by using the contact form or by email), or when opening a customer account. We have marked mandatory fields as such. These data are imperative for us to process your request or place your order. You can find out which data these are in the relevant forms. When using our contact form for inquiries of any kind, you must provide a name and a valid email address so that we know who sent the inquiry and can answer it.
To create a customer account, we need the following data:
- Company/trade name
- Your first and last name (contact person)
- Your address (street name, area code, town/city)
- Your phone number
- Your email address
We use these data in accordance with Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR to execute the contract or to process your request. After the contract has been fully executed or a customer account has been deleted, your data will be restricted for further processing and deleted by us after the statutory retention period has expired, unless you have expressly consented to further use of the data. We reserve the right to use your data beyond this, provided that this is legally permissible. We will give you more information on this below. You can delete your customer account or have it deleted at any time by sending a message to the contact address below.
5. Transmission of data
We do not transfer your personal data to third parties for purposes other than those listed below. We only transmit your personal data to third parties if:
- you have given your express consent thereto in accordance with Art. 6 (1)(1) a GDPR,
- the transfer, in accordance with Art. 6 (1)(1) (f) GDPR, is necessary to assert, exercise, or defend legal claims, and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding legitimate interest in not disclosing your data,
- there is a legal obligation for disclosure in accordance with Art. 6 (1)(1) (c), and
- this is legally permissible and required in accordance with Art. 6 (1)(1) (b) GDPR for the processing of the contractual relationships with you.
6. Transmission of data to shipping providers
Insofar as you have given your express consent to this in accordance with Art. 6 (1)(1) (a) GDPR, we will transmit your email address and telephone number to our shipping service provider so that they can contact you and let you know about the delivery and/
or coordinate the delivery with you.
If you have given your consent once, you can revoke said consent at any time using the contact option above or by directly contacting our shipping service provider using the following contact details.
DHL Paket GmbH
DHL Express Germany GmbH
After revoking your consent, we will delete the data provided by you for this purpose, unless you expressly consent to further use of the data or we reserve the right to use data beyond this; we will inform you about any further use of data, and the further use must be legally permissible.
7. Email newsletter
You can subscribe to our newsletter with your consent. We use the newsletter to inform you about our current offers and interesting news. We use the so-called “double opt-in procedure” for the registration of our newsletter. This means that we send an email to the email address provided by you after you have registered in which we ask you to confirm that you wish to receive the newsletter. If you do not confirm your registration within 24 hours, your information will be blocked and automatically deleted after one month. In addition, we store the IP address you used and the time of registration and confirmation. The purpose of the procedure is to prove your registration and, if necessary, to sort out any possible misuse of your personal data. The only mandatory information for sending the newsletter is your email address. After your confirmation, we will store your email address for the purpose of sending you the newsletter. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 (1)(1) (a) GDPR. You can revoke your consent to receiving the newsletter at any time and thus unsubscribe from the newsletter. To do this, use the contact options above or the link specifically displayed in the newsletter. After you unsubscribe, we will delete the data provided by you for this purpose, unless you expressly consent to further use of the data or we reserve the right to use data beyond this; we will inform you about any further use of data, and the further use must be legally permissible.
8. Email advertising without prior registration for the newsletter
If we have received your electronic postal address from you in connection with the sale of goods or the provision of services, we reserve the right to send you offers on similar products or services by email at regular intervals (§ 7 (3) of the Act against Unfair Competition – UWG). This does not apply if you have objected to the use of your data for this purpose. You can object to us using your electronic postal address at any time. To do so, use the contact options specified above or the link provided for this in the advertising email sent to you. You will not incur any costs other than the transmission costs in accordance with the basic tariffs.
9. Postal advertising
We reserve the right to use your first and last name, your postal address, and, if applicable, your trade name for our own advertising purposes, e.g. to send offers and information by post on the products and services we offer. This is done on the basis of our outweighing legitimate interest in advertising to our customers in accordance with Art. 6 (1) (1) (f) GDPR. You can object to us using your electronic postal address at any time. To do so, use the contact options specified above, which we will also point out to you again separately in our advertising item.
10. Data processing for purchases on account
11. Rights of data subjects
You have the right:
- to request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR. In particular, you can obtain further information about the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to correction, deletion, restriction of processing or objection to processing, the existence of a right to lodge a complaint, the right to know the origin of your data, if we have not collected these, as well as about the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and, if necessary, conclusive information;
- to immediately request the correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR;
- to request the deletion of your personal data stored by us in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, unless the processing is required to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of
public interest, or to assert, exercise, or defend legal claims;
- to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR, insofar as you dispute the correctness of the data, the processing is unlawful, but you reject the deletion, and we no longer need the data, but you need them to assert, exercise, or defend legal claims, or you have objected to processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- to receive the personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, common, and machine-readable format in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, or to request the transfer to another controller;• to revoke the consent that you granted us at one time in accordance with Art. 7 (3) GDPR. As a result, we are no longer permitted to continue data processing based on this consent in the future; and
- to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR. Generally, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or work, or our office.
12. Right to object
If your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 (1)(1) (f) GDPR , you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR, provided there are reasons for doing so, which arise from your particular situation, or the objection is against direct advertising. In the latter case , you have a general right to object, which we will implement without specifying a particular situation.
13. Data security
We use the common SSL procedure (Secure Socket Layer) in conjunction with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser when you visit our website. This is generally a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can tell whether an individual page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form by the closed key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser. We also implement appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction, or against unauthorised access by third parties. We continuously improve our security measures in line with technological developments.
14. Analysis tools
a) Tracking tools
The tracking measures listed below and used by us are carried out on the basis of Art. 6 (1) (1)(f) GDPR. We want to ensure a needs-based design and continuous optimisation of our website with the tracking measures implemented. Another reason that we use tracking measures is to statistically record the use of our website and to evaluate it in order to optimise our offer for you. These interests are deemed legitimate within the meaning of the aforementioned regulation. The respective data processing purposes and data categories can be found in the corresponding tracking tools.
b) Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics, a web analysis service from Google Inc. (https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/) (1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter “Google”), to ensure a needs-based design and continuous optimisation of our website. In this context, pseudonymised usage profiles are created, and cookies (see subsection 4) are used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website, such as
- browser type/version,
- operating system used,
- referrer URL (the page you visited before),
- hostname of the accessing computer
- (IP address),
- time of the server request,
is transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on website activity, and to provide other services related to website and internet usage for the purposes of market research and the needs-based design of this website. This information may also be transmitted to third parties if this is required by law or if third parties process these data on our behalf. Under no circumstances will your IP address be merged with other Google data. The IP addresses are anonymised so that an assignment is not possible (IP masking). You can prevent the setting of cookies by changing the browser software accordingly; however, we point out that in this case, not all functions of this website can be used to their full extent. Moreover, you can also prevent the collection of the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) as well as the processing of these data by Google by downloading and installing a browser add-on (https: //tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de). As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially for browsers on mobile devices, you can also prevent Google Analytics from collecting data by clicking on this link. An opt-out cookie is set that prevents future collection of your data when you visit this website. The opt-out cookie is only valid in this browser, only for our website, and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you will have to set the opt-out cookie again. You can find further information on data protection in connection with Google Analytics in the Google Analytics Support Centre (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de).